October 5, 2022 – Toronto – A total of 46 Council candidates from across the city have announced they support making E-Scooters legal in Toronto.
“E-scooters are crucial to Toronto meeting its climate goals,” said Andy Kim, President of the Toronto E-Scooter Network. “We’re proud that a critical mass of candidates now supports taking action to make it greener, cheaper and safer to get around our city.”
The Toronto E-Scooter network had previously endorsed 31 candidates and today added another 15 to that list.
The candidates endorsed today are:
- Mike Arkin in Ward 6 – York Centre
- Alejandra Bravo in Ward 9 – Davenport
- Basil Canning in Ward 6 – York Centre
- Subhash Chand in Ward 1 – Etobicoke North
- Hansie Daniel in Ward 21 – Scarborough Centre
- Philip Davidovits in Ward 8 – Eglinton-Lawrence
- John De Marco in Ward 14 – Toronto-Danforth
- Shaker Jamal in Ward 9 – Davenport
- Daniel Lee in Ward 18 – Willowdale
- Jonathan Mousley in Ward 16 – Don Valley East
- Laura-Maria Nikolareizi in Ward 10 – Spadina-Fort York
- Dev Ramsumair in Ward 13 – Toronto Centre
- Sheena Sharp in Ward 15 – Don Valley West
- Marco Valle in Ward 3 – Etobicoke-Lakeshore
- Gregory Vaz in Ward 15 – Don Valley West
The full list of endorsed candidates and all their responses can be found here: https://www.escootertoronto.net/candidates/
The Toronto E-Scooter Network is a rapidly growing group of thousands of Torontonians who want to see E-scooters become legal in Toronto.